Erin...After years of searching for the brother she'd never known, Erin O'Shea had finally found his San Francisco address. She stood on the doorstep, unaware that she was about to walk into a shocking drama of family lies - and to meet an intriguing, infuriating man who would change her life. Lance...He was a G-man for the government's toughest cases - like the big-money scam involving Erin's long-lost brother. But although Lance was immediately attracted to her, he never dreamed that his feelings would drive him to break every rule in the book - and put his career and even Erin's future on the line.
Be warned… I thought this book was so bad you might not even want to take the time to read my review. I’ve read and loved so many of Sandra Brown’s books so I’m surprised the story was this bad.
These are the a few of the reasons I hated it and they’re all spoilers so I’ll put my text in white. Just highlight the section below to read the text. Starting here -->
1. Within minutes of meeting Erin the FBI agent Lance forces a kiss on her. OKAY… I’ve never met a stranger who just grabbed me and kissed me. Plus Erin was still under the impression that this was her long lost brother but she still began kissing him back. YUCK
2. Erin was married before but she’s a thirty-year old virgin. YEAH RIGHT
3. Within a couple of days of meeting Lance she gives up her virginity despite the fact that she’s engaged to someone in Houston. PLEASE, YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT?
4. Hours after sleeping with her Lance is angry with her, manhandles her and treats her like she’s the criminal just because he heard her conversation where she told her fiancé, “I love you.” Then in the next moment he’s nice again. I WOULD HAVE PUNCHED HIS NOSE!
5. The next day she’s appeasing him by saying, “You were angry. I knew that.” and he replies with a pitiful, “That’s no excuse for what I almost did. God. Rape. I’ve never been violent with a woman, Erin. Believe me." EFF YOU BUDDY! I’M OUTTA THERE.
6. Don’t even get me started on the ending!!!! He’s all mushy on the inside thinking about how much he loves her then when he finds out she’s pregnant he’s yelling at her again. CAN YOU SAY CUCKOO?
Don’t waste your time on this one!