Recently a few friends have asked me to recommend a good book or what my favorite book was this year so I thought I would share my Top Six reads of 2011. Have you read any of these? Have I enticed you to pick one up?
6. V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton
5. The Madonnas of Echo Park: A Novel by Brando Skyhorse
Why I Loved It: I grew up in Los Angeles and The Madonnas brought back memories of my old friends and parts of town that I haven't thought of in years.
4. Soul Trapper by F. J. Lennon
Why I Loved It: Soul Trapper was a refreshing, new (to me) take on the Urban Fantasy genre and the hero wasn't Mr. Perfect. His flaws made him real and I loved that.
3. One Second After by William R. Forstchen
2. Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz + David Hayward
1. The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey